OHSAS 18001 Safe Working Practices
OHSAS 18001 describes requirements for OHSAS (Occupational safety and health assessment of the work ) . It contains requirements for an environment management system so that the business can manage their work environment risk and thus perform better. OHSAS requirements intends to treat the working environment rather than product and services safety. OHSAS 18001 is compatible with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 to facilitate enterprise integration of quality , environmental and working environment management systems if desired .
- Demonstrate that your business takes work environment and employee safety seriously.
- Increase awareness of your own organization about the work processes in the business.
- Creating a foundation to improve and rationalize the working environment and safety.
- Ensure that the business has control of all critical business processes.
- Ensure that the business performs in line with employees , customers and government requirements.
- Let an independent third party assess the entire management system against a recognized standard.
- Create a safe and attractive workplace
Five process areas :
- A policy for safe working environment tailored to your business.
- Identification of risk and legal requirements of a safe work place.
- Goals , plans and programs to ensure continuous improvement.
- An active business leadership that controls the working environment in the workplace.
- Monitoring of system performance in terms of occupational health and safety
What we can do for you :
- Planning of activities
- Reviews and improvement of the organization’s policy on occupational health and safety .
- Assess the organizational structure , responsibilities , procedures and practices.
Aimed at :
All businesses who want an internationally recognized system to improve their working environment and safety.